The Asian American Journalists Association is currently seeking applicants for several scholarships and grants aimed at promoting and supporting journalism students. Virtually all of them are due in the next two months, and all of them seem like super-cool opportunities to provide financial aid to in-need students. The funding opportunities are available to students interested in journalism whether in traditional news media outlets or online.
Here’s the list of stuff currently available:
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to graduating high school seniors and college students who are passionate about journalism. This grant pays for educational costs and travel to the 2014 AAJA National Conference in Washington, D.C. The application deadline is May 9, 2014.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students or graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career. The application deadline is May 9, 2014.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to offset education costs for college juniors, seniors and graduate students in journalism. The application deadline is March 28, 2014.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Two grants are offered to support students and recent graduates who have secured a broadcast news internship for the summer of 2014. The application deadline is April 18, 2014.
- Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students and recent graduates who have secured a print or online news internship for the summer of 2014. The application deadline is April 18, 2014.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists for writing about the legacy of Vincent Chin in essay form. The application deadline is May 9, 2014.
- Intern for AsAmNews: Earn college credit and valuable experience at AsAmNews. This internship is open until a qualified applicant is selected.
AAJA is paticularly interested in finding applicants for the CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship, which provides $5000 in support for college, as well as offsets cost of travel to the AAJA national conference.
Check out the AAJA website, and get to applying folks!