Every year, I publish a working list of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) non-profit groups for your consideration for #GivingTuesday. This year is no exception; below the fold, you’ll find a long list of AAPI organizations that could use some support. (Here’s last year’s list.)
This year, I will be donating to the following groups, all of whom do work that I really admire:
- APIA Vote: dedicated to increasing civic and voter participation among APIAs
- Hmong Innovating Politics (HIP): HIP is a California-based organization dedicated to the empowerment of the Hmong American community.
- Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches (A3M): I am always a fan of A3M, and the work this group does to try and improve bone marrow donor registration from the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. I am a registered bone marrow donor, and registering yourself can save lives.
- Asian Prisoner Support Committee: Oakland-based, provides support, advocacy, and education for and about Asian Americans in the prison system
- East-West Players: telling the stories of Asian Americans on-stage
I invite you to contribute a few of your Giving Tuesday dollars to these groups as well, or to your favourite group in the list below.Continue reading “#GivingTuesday 2019: Reappropriate’s Top 5, and a listing of AAPI non-profits”